Forum Navigation

Laser Gaming Mice: Razer Copperhead Vs Logitech G5 : Summary

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:22 pm   ::   Author: FraZor

In our latest article we take a look at both Razer's top of the line Copperhead (in Tempest Blue) and Logitech's G5 Gaming Mouse. Both of these mice are very high quality gaming orientated laser mice, but both provide a different style of mouse. The question is which one is right for you?

Click here to read on

This article summary has been viewed 20104 times and has 8 Comment(s) | You are not authorised to post a comment | Hide Comments

Author Comments
GraGoyle
ZomBie Lord

Articles: 1
Comments: 934
 Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:59 pm  Post subject:

Man that copperhead mouse looks sweeeeet!! Cool Cool

Good review too Smile
Painless

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:03 pm  Post subject: Great article

Im glad you didn't choose one specific mouse winner. Instead you gave them both their merits that they both deserve. This was a job well done!
Outrunmaster
ZomBie

Comments: 137
 Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:34 pm  Post subject:

if only they did a wireless rechargeable version of the copperhead - it match my pc & keyboard perfectly...

come on Razer, get with the wireless Very Happy
FraZor
Site Admin

Articles: 10
Comments: 5118
 Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:43 pm  Post subject:

@Painless - Thanks mate, I was just being honest

@Ourunmaster - c'mon dude, wired mice are more reliable, they don't skip even a heartbeat, whereas my experience of wireless mice is that while generally good, they just can't keep up and drop very frantic movements at annoying times.
Outrunmaster
ZomBie

Comments: 137
 Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:28 am  Post subject:

I guess thats more of an issue with the type of games you play most, whereas me being a slower-paced RPG/Strategy type player (generally), its not quite as much a problem.

THe only problem i have with it is when i forget to put it in its charger after a hard days playing, and it starts to run out of juice the next day.. grrrr Wink
Snark7

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:28 pm  Post subject: Just one smart-ass comment about the mouse-feet (glidepads)

PTFE *is* Teflon. Teflon is just a brand-name, while PTFE is the chemical designation.
Snark7

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:30 pm  Post subject: Reason why there are profiles and "quick" DPI-sett

The reason is, that a profile not only sets the DPI in general, but also the sensitivity per axis and the acceleration/decceleration parameters.
This is quite different from setting the resolution.
FraZor
Site Admin

Articles: 10
Comments: 5118
 Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:08 pm  Post subject:

Ah, of course PYFE is Teflon, doh. Clearly I didn't do my reseach on that.

On the profiles, I realise that the profiles set everything, and the DPI selelctor just sets the resolution... but in they way they are implemented, they are both not particulalry accessible. Now if they changed the dpi selector to be much more accessible (like on the Logitech G5) it would be a much more useful feature. Similarly I think the profile selector could do with being more accessible too.

Anyway, thanks for your comments. Smile
You are not authorised to post a comment
Page 1 of 1
All times are BST

ZBN Codebase (version 3.4.6)
Copyright © 2001 - 2009 Fraser Pearce & Graeme Wheeler. All Rights Reserved.
All trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners.