Forum Navigation

Competition Pro USB Review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lexotan

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: i'm an AMiga Lover!!!! Reply with quote

Hey i've just read your article and i'm gonna buy this stuff right now. There's just one thing i want to know: i'm using win xp and winuae and playing kick off 2.........can i connect two "competition pro"??
NightSpirit
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lexotan,

Neither myself nor Frazor have two of these but I see no reason why you can't connect two of them up for some multi-player Kick Off 2 fun Smile

Fox: I think we should call it... your grave!

Whedon: Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Fox: Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh...now die!

-- Rei
FraZor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, as they are independant USB devices, I can't see why not. I can connect it at the same time as several other usb joypads.
Sober
Re-animated Corpse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie here...I brought one of these joysticks back on the 9th of January and have enjoyed playing SWOS on WInUAE with users from sensiblesoccer.de. But its now packed up!

Well not fully but its not playable anymore...basically, I move it to the 10 o clock position and without any movement from the joystick, it goes to 12 o clock. With the cut and thrust of Kick Off and SWOS where precision is vital, you can agree its not playable.

Is mine from a dodgy batch? Or are not these very robust?
NightSpirit
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Sober,

For a joystick to break within a fortnight of purchase is certainly not acceptable Sad I'll make sure Frazor reports back with how his joystick is coping these days. Either way I'd suggest you enquire about a replacement or refund.

-- Rei
FraZor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest problem with reviewing is (was) that you either only have the hardware for a short amount of time, for review, or if you get to keep it, you want to knock out the review soonish so its still relevant. Few people read the review a year after the product's been available. So its hard to test long term robustness.

In my case, I used it a fair amount for about 2/3 weeks, mainly playing platform games. And it was fine. But I doubt I was very rough with it. Since then I've barely used it.

I'd suggest it was under warranty, so get it replaced. If its within 28 days, then speak to the place that sold it to you. With some hardware, if its after 20 days (but less than 1 year) you might have to speak to the manufacturer. But I'd speak to the shop first. It might just be a defective one. If it happens again though, ask for a refund.

Sober
Re-animated Corpse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought it off Gadgetsville and whilst they do have a returns procedure, they havent replied to me yet :/ (However, I did email sales by mistake, so i expect a reply tommorow Smile )

Thanks for the quick reply though peeps!

Although iv been playing SWOS, Iv only been doing so for a few hours per night and probably used it the same time as the reviewer did when testing it. As you say, I may have had a faulty unit so im going to get a replacement (hopefully) and if it happens again, cut my losses and get an Amiga joystick and a converter.
FraZor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you get Amiga Joystick converters? :o Nice. Only issue there is that you need an Amiga joystick... and if it ever dies, its pretty hard to buy a replacement.
NightSpirit
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know if they do give you a refund, would be good to know if they're worth shoping at Smile

-- Rei
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zombie Nexus Forum Index -> Hardware All times are BST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: