Forum Navigation

FM2007 Fisher Athletic Challenge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightSpirit
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My second start has gone very differently to the first. Number one job was to get rid of all my staff via mutual termination and hire some good ones in their place - however, for some reason my one coach was amazing and when I did a search for my ideal assistant manager he was one of two results in the search so I promoted him straight away Smile Managed to find good staff for all other roles too.

With my new staff in place I went about looking for new players but TBH despite the abundance of extra players now with the new rules I couldn't find many better than what I started with. I took on two straight away but that was mainly player/coaching roles so I don't envisage them actually getting games. I was shunned, however, by previous challenge legend Iwan Roberts but that was mainly because I only found him after I'd hired the maximum amount of coaches and could not offer him the joint staff role he required.

After finishing my friendlies I have now taken on 3 or 4 new players but mainly only as cover for the first team. Most annoyingly, the keeper I got on loan in the first attempt went to a league one side instead now which is probably going to have a detrimental effect on my trying to repeat the ten games unbeaten.

This time I've only lost one of my 7 initial friendlies so it will be interesting to see how the improved results will translate to league form Smile

Fox: I think we should call it... your grave!

Whedon: Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Fox: Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh...now die!

-- Rei
NightSpirit
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an additional note, accepting an international job before the first patch will be counted as cheating since apparently there is a bug whereby you can get the England job with no reputation Tounge

-- Rei
GraGoyle
ZomBie Lord

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink

(Steven Wright)
NightSpirit
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news: With the changes to the setup of the game for the challenge it will now progress beyond 7th October - I believe having the NI league as view only was the cause of the issue which will be fixed in the next patch.

Bad News: I've been unable to replicate my good form from the first attempt. Whereas before I was three places off the top spot, this time I am three places off relegation. Hoping that I can turn that around! Smile

-- Rei
GraGoyle
ZomBie Lord

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, you have been putting some hours in to get to october! I have only played for a couple of hours. Once again I have fallen into the trap of taking on far far too many players on trial. Got about 6/7 keepers which is ridiculous really. Havent been able to find any real hidden gems this time around which Iam most annoyed about. Tho tbh I have only played a couple of friendlies.

Missed out on 3/4 really good players ALL gone to sutton utd which is strange... maybe they have amazing scouts!

Good news on us escaping the bug tho \o/

I will set aside friday night for a lenghty game in attepmt to get past the friendly stage!

(Steven Wright)
NightSpirit
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, well not played THAT much really, just not taking so long with the trialists this time. I found my team wasn't so bad compared to others in the league and like you did not find any real gems. I missed out on the loanee keeper I got in the first attempt unfortunatly but did take on two new ones - one as a player/coach who is currently holding the number one spot despite making several mistakes as the other who is better on paper and at a good age is clearly not ready for a first team run yet.

I have found a few good purchases tho, some ex-trialists have earned spots in the main team, particularly strikers as I am having trouble finding a pairing that can regularly produce the goods.

I'll probably not play for a little while tho as I think it would be a good idea for us to be close to the same point when we install the first patch when it comes out as it should fix quite a few problems that people have found.

-- Rei
GraGoyle
ZomBie Lord

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ok then. well like i say, I will leave friday night free (after playing football 6-7) AND hopefully get near to finishing my friendlies. I have so many trialists to consider, its hard tho, because none of them have shone but none have let me down either. PLus I havent decided on my formation yet. My usual formation may not be suitable as I cant find any decent players in the vital positions that my formation relies on.

(Steven Wright)
NightSpirit
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always offer them a second trial and then play them in reserve friendlies against your U18s - I've been arranging friendlies every week for my reserves and U18s to test out trialists and also to keep my reserves match fit and give them a chance to earn a promotion to first team.

I guess you're struggling for left-sided players? I had that problem too but eventually found a half-decent left back to replace my so-called best original player (all technical stats at 1 except tackling). Left wing is not so secured since the original winger is currently there despite being better suited to the right wing. I've got a few others but they have yet to show some consistency.

I did flounder for a while with my formation but eventually it seemed that boring 4-4-2 won out. However, since I'm still only 17th or so and often play like c**p against the easier teams I might try moving to a 4-3-3. Barring injuries I'll have the players for it and my home-form couldn't get much worse. Roll Eyes

-- Rei
GraGoyle
ZomBie Lord

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well funnily enough I was going to do exactly that and for the same reasons.... reserves and u18's keep match fit and get a chance to shine whilst more importantly giving on-going trialists the opportunity to shine also.

My formation is also likely to be 4-4-2 because the 3-5-2 formation that I love cannot be achieved with the squad of players I have (inc trialists) but we'll see.

(Steven Wright)
NightSpirit
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, so much for not playing tonight Tounge

Anyway, 4-3-3 didn't pan out. Not very impressive results at all including being kicked out the cup by lowly Horsham in a 2-0 drubbing whereby my team hardly bothered to try.

I had a bit of a shock when West Ham offered me Teddy Sherringham for free out of the blue. Signing him would certainly help my pathetic performance infront of goal. Alas he didn't want to take a 98% paycut and so decided to stay where he was. Drunk

-- Rei
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zombie Nexus Forum Index -> Games All times are BST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: